Friday, September 16, 2022

MA (MOREons Anonymous)

 

MA (MOREons Anonymous) ©jim schwartz

The 12 Understandings, Recognitions, Acknowledgments & Affirmations


 

Hi. I’m ______________, I’m A MOREon.

(Audience response, Hi ______________, MOREon

1.      I admit we I am dominated & powerless over MORE in my life

2.      I have sought Im-MORE-ality thru More

3.      I now recognize More, Better, Now!! (damn it) becomes Less, Worse Later and that’s the LESS-on

4.      MORE derives from my feeling of not enough - and therefore I’m LACK-tose intolerance

5.      I acknowledge that perceived LACK is the present, More is the future, as Now is not enough for myself as a MOREon

6.      I know now that MORE is an extra material affair

7.      I recognize MORE is the ideology of a cancer cell as Edward Abbey said.

8.      I realize that MORE, MORE, MORE leads to MORE Musterbation

9.      I have come to understand  e.e. cummings rhetorical question, ‘More, More, More, what are we all morticians?’ that  often leads to the MORE-tuary prematurely

10.   Without question I accept that More, More, More is Sisyphusian

11.   I admit More, More, More for more’s sake is an a-MORE-al (not a moral inventory for valuation of myself).

12.  I seek a MORE-atorium from MORE, to recognize ‘good’ enough materially and acknowledge Shaddai in Hebrew ‘Enough’ as The Enough!

Thus, In Shaddai not More, I trust

Baker’s Dozen + 1 ---Note for Personal Financial Planners

13.- I recognize that personal financial planners’ compensation based on a  percentage of assets under management is counter to, anathema to abhorrent to Enough and just enabling MOREonic behavior

14 - Personal financial planners manage goals - MOREon financial advisors disguised as personal financial planners manage assets -  for MORE too often at the expense of goals (enough!) especially of they are compensated on the basis of a % of assets under management

No comments:

Post a Comment